- Be comfortable talking about yourself to strangers; articulate your skills, accomplishments, interests, values, passions, and goals. Gordon is expert at helping you with the significant career planning, which this requires.
- Research the organization and person(s) interviewing.
- Identify PROBLEMS you can solve
- Identify NEEDS you can satisfy
- Identify PAIN you can alleviate
- Learn and use the vocabulary of the career field and organization.
- Have “pre-considered” answers to expected questions, including “behavioral questions.” Be ready with situations, examples, accomplishments, context, results; appropriate use of measures and metrics.
- Prepare your questions to the employer.
- Can you do the job?
- Do you want this job?
- Will you fit in this organization?
Gordon has years of experience coaching clients on these steps in interview preparation.
Have your examples and situations ready for answers to “behavioral questions” – tell me a situation – give me an example.
Gordon has interviewed and hired hundreds of people, and coached many clients on interviewing skills. Gordon offers practice interviews to improve performance.